Cottage cheese pancakes & friends at Chez Tim. Cottage cheese, a little flour, egg yolks, walnuts, some salt some sugar and egg whites beat until stiff folded in. It makes for very light and fluffy pancakes. The opposite of belly busters.
Cottage Cheese Soufflé Pancakes
Makes enough for two people
¼ cup cottage cheese (small curd or creamy)
3 tbsp flour
2 egg yolks
1 tbsp sugar
¼ tsp salt
splash vanilla extract
lotsa walnuts and/or pecans
3 tbsp* milk
2 egg whites
1. Vigorously mix all the ingredients EXCEPT the milk and egg whites.
2. *Add the milk sparingly to loosen the batter enough to accommodate folding in the egg whites.
3. Whip egg white to soft peaks.
4. Fold the egg whites into the batter. Do not over mix. A little visible egg white is OK.
5. Cook on a hot (350-400°), well greased (I like butter) griddle or frying pan until golden in color, about 3-4 minutes a side. Serve immediately!